NPL trial process
The National Premier League is the highest competition offered in men’s football in the ACT. We have Premier League teams in all age groups including 13s, 14s, 16s, 18s, 20s and Men’s 1st Grade. The Gungahlin United NPL stream showcases the best of each age group in our Club.
Anyone wanting to trial for our GUFC Premier League teams will need to register here.
The cost to trial with GUFC is $100 which goes towards payment of grounds and administration, with $50 of that trial fee reimbursed via a $50 reduction in the player’s 2019 GUFC registration costs. Once you have filled out the above form go to My Football Club and choose Gungahlin United FC and the NPL Trials package that is applicable to you. (For U15s Development choose Under 16s Trials.)
Trialists are expected to attend all Week 1 and 2 sessions with Week 3 reserved for invitation only. Please mark all dates in your diary just in case. Trialists will be advised at the end of Week 2 if they are required for the additional session the following week. Please note that dates and location are subject to change so keep an eye on the GUFC Facebook page in case of updates.
Trial dates for NPL (men/boys) will be held at Nicholls Synthetic as follows:
- Tuesday 23rd October – U13 & U14 (5pm -6pm), U16 & U18 (6pm – 7pm)
- Thursday 25th October – U13 & U14 (5pm -6pm), U16 & U18 (6pm – 7pm)
- Friday 26th October – U13 & U14 (5pm -6pm), U16 & U18 (6pm – 7pm)
- Tuesday 30th October – U13 & U14 (5pm -6pm), U16 & U18 (6pm – 7pm)
- Thursday 1st November – U13 & U14 (5pm -6pm), U16 & U18 (6pm – 7pm)
- Friday 2nd November – U13 & U14 (5pm -6pm), U16 & U18 (6pm – 7pm)
- Tuesday 6th November – U13 & U14 (5pm -7pm)
- Thursday 8th November – U16 & U18 (5pm – 7pm)
Trials for Under 20s
- Tuesday’s and Thursday’s (commencing Tuesday 16 October and finishing end November) 6.30-8.00pm at Palmerston Oval
- Note: No trial on Thursday 18 October due to NPL Presentation Event
The Technical Committee are creating strategies and policies for NPL and NPLW player growth and retention within GUFC. This will include those players who fall between the “gap years” of the NPL stream with possible Development Squad opportunities. Information on our strategies will be communicated directly with players and their families during/after the trial process.
Note: If you are looking for information on the National Premier League Women’s selection process, the NPLW selection process is separate to the NPL. Information about NPLW selection will be available soon.