Role of the Executive Committee
The role of the GUFC Executive Committee is to represent members, advocate for the sport of Football (Soccer) in the ACT and set the strategic direction necessary to achieve the organisation’s objectives and vision. Executive Committee members fulfil their obligations within the Executive structure while also undertaking representation on relevant sub-committees.
There are currently 6 elected Executive Committee members of GUFC all of which hold their positions until the next AGM.
GUFC recently undertook a new Executive structure as well as implementing a new Constitution. Within that revision a need for new members to join the Executive was identified who we hope can bring with them their experience and passion for football and community as well as being active in supporting a new strategic plan to be implemented from 2021.
Applications are now sought to fill new casual Committee positions on the GUFC Executive with the following skills set and/or experience:
- Football knowledge – local or national
- Sponsorship & Fundraising
- Strategic Planning
New Executive members will have the opportunity to help direct exciting new projects within their interest and experience, from the new Home of Football, the National 2nd Division, maximising female participation, strategic planning, business direction, sponsorship, growing football, inclusivity and more.
General Duties of Executive Committee
These include being involved in the following non-exhaustive list of activities:
- Determine GUFC’s strategic direction, core values and ethical framework
- Approve, monitor, and review the financial and non-financial performance of the organisation
- Ensure financial and non-financial risks are appropriately identified and managed
- Ensure the organisation complies with all relevant laws, codes of conduct and appropriate standards of behaviour
See attached Position Description.
If you feel you have the experience and passion to join the Executive in BRAND NEW positions please email a cover letter outlining your reasons for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 27 November 2020.